It seems like this trip is constantly changing!
But now that we have our itinerary set, at least in terms of airline flights, I'm going to revise the rough outline of a Rome itinerary from a few months ago.
It's actually fairly close to the same itinerary, with the adjustment that we don't get to Rome until late Thursday night, and have an extra night there at the end of the trip. Also, my friends who are getting married let me know that there's a rough plan to celebrate the Bride's birthday and everyone meeting up in town on the Friday night we're there!
- Arrive late, straight to hotel.
- Walking tour of Rome! Colosseum, Castel Sant'Angelo, the Mouth of Truth, Piazza Navona, The Pantheon, and Trevi Fountain.
- Vatican City tour in early afternoon for those who want to go - I've been twice so I'm on the fence, but it's really cool to see if you've never been before. I plan on going back to St Mark's square, at least, because it's kind of incredible.
- Meet up with the Bride and Groom, and all the travelers there for the wedding at the Pantheon for dinner and fun!
- Underground tour of the Colosseum. I am dying to do this, and it's one of the things on my bucket list for Rome!
- Possible tour of the Roman Forum (time?)
- Afternoon bus or train from Rome to Siena
And then, at the end of the trip...
- Arrive in Rome from Florence around noon.
- Check into hotel
- Spend the rest of the day exploring anything we missed the first time around.
- Early morning ride to the airport, and back to the States!
Is there anything I missed for Rome?