BF's birthday is coming up, and I knew back in December that I wanted to do a quick but awesome getaway with him for it. It's been a while since we've been to Monterey, CA, so I thought that'd be the perfect place!
|*Image from Google Maps*|
And now the trip is coming up later this month, and I've finally booked a hotel! We'll be staying at the Best Western Plus Beach Resort Monterey. (Yeah. It's quite the mouthful, right?) A friend of mine stayed there with her hubby and pup over the holidays, and she said it was great. And since it's a Best Western, the prices are some of the most reasonable I've ever seen in the area. It's a little outside of Monterey, but I think we'll survive. I mean, we'll be ON THE BEACH! AND it's dog friendly? I may have found my new favorite hotel!
I'll be back towards the end of the month with a review of it, but to say I'm excited is a bit of an understatement. Now, to find some dog parks we can stop at on the drive up...
What weekend getaways are you planning for this year?
It's a little late, but I finally came up with a New Year's resolution... drumroll, please...
Make 2013 the year of day/weekend trips!
There are a ton of places that I want to go that are close by or fairly local. And I've been severely neglecting taking advantage of the awesome travel available in the US!
Here's my plan so far:
1) January: Day trip to Santa Barbara and Solvang with X while she was visiting from NY. - DONE!
2) February: Two night getaway to Monterey, CA with BF for his birthday. - BOOKED
3) March: Three night trip to NY with M! (She's going again for work, I'm going again for fun!) - BOOKED
March: Overnight to Indio for a concert with Shorty and DK. - BOOKED
4) April: Two night trip to Vegas for a work conference. (I'm trying to get BF or M to come with!) - BOOKED
5) May: Potential return to NY for work. - PLANNED
6) June: Overnight in San Diego to visit BF's family. - PLANNED
And right there, we're halfway through the year! Here's hoping it all works out!