It's a little late, but I finally came up with a New Year's resolution... drumroll, please...
Make 2013 the year of day/weekend trips!
There are a ton of places that I want to go that are close by or fairly local. And I've been severely neglecting taking advantage of the awesome travel available in the US!
Here's my plan so far:
1) January: Day trip to Santa Barbara and Solvang with X while she was visiting from NY. - DONE!
2) February: Two night getaway to Monterey, CA with BF for his birthday. - BOOKED
3) March: Three night trip to NY with M! (She's going again for work, I'm going again for fun!) - BOOKED
March: Overnight to Indio for a concert with Shorty and DK. - BOOKED
4) April: Two night trip to Vegas for a work conference. (I'm trying to get BF or M to come with!) - BOOKED
5) May: Potential return to NY for work. - PLANNED
6) June: Overnight in San Diego to visit BF's family. - PLANNED
And right there, we're halfway through the year! Here's hoping it all works out!