Wow, just like that a whole month has gone by!
After the crazy holidays, I'm back in full planning mode for our trip! I can't believe it's already just 6 months away - time flies when you're trying to save money, no?
I'm changing it up a bit for this round - I'm going to use our actual dates, and I'm going to add in a few options I was thinking about today - going to Ireland before the wedding in Italy, etc.
Prices, as of 8/4/10:
- LAX-Rome, Dublin-LAX: $1332.52
Prices, as of 9/21/10:
- LAX-Rome, Dublin-LAX: $1331.62
- LAX-Rome, Venice-LAX: $1418.51
Prices, as 11/11/10:
- LAX-Rome, Dublin-LAX: $1311.16
- LAX-Rome, Venice-LAX: $1422.00
- LAX-Rome-LAX: $1294.20
Prices, as of today 1/5/11:
- LAX-Rome, Dublin-LAX: $1330.00
- LAX-Dublin, Venice-LAX: $1549.00
- LAX-Rome, Venice-LAX: $1492.00
- LAX-Rome-LAX: $1315.00
Pretty much all the flights have gone up. How discouraging! I'm thinking that we should be buying our tickets soon - part of me wants to wait until March to see if they would come down more, but the other part of me feels like we need to book already! I'm about ready to throw in the towel when it comes to trying to guess when prices might be lowest, though.
Anyway. We were considering the possibility of flying to Ireland before Italy, instead of after. The tickets from Venice to Dublin went up in price, but the tickets from Dublin to Rome are still super cheap, so there was that. Then we thought maybe it would be cheaper, but from the looks of it, it's not, really.
I'm trying to just focus on how cool this trip will be, and trying to not stress so much about the money, but it's so hard to do sometimes!
I think I'll wait another few weeks, and talk it over with the people who are going to be traveling with us. And then, I'm going to make a resolution to never travel to Italy during the month of June again! :-)
I don't know how long you should wait. I read an article that said 2011 airfare might skyrocket with the price of gas/oil rising. :(
Post a Comment